Hello and Welcome

If you're new to this site, it may help you to start
here.

Thank you


Chronicles of Infant Botulism is Born

Welcome to Chronicles of Infant Botulism

 
 
Our world was temporarily turned upside-down when our son was diagnosed
with infant botulism in February 2012 (his story begins here).


 We felt like we had been transplanted into another world.

 
We were fearful, anxious, sad and confused.


 Resources were given with contact information for families who had similar experiences but finding the time to discuss our situation was a challenge along with the strength to discuss it at all.


 It would take a couple of days but I eventually found myself online
and searching for information about infant botulism.
Information was plenty (and terrifying) but what soothed me most were the families who had detailed their child's experience and recovery (by blog or other media).

 
I found families who were as shocked as we were.


 I found hope for recovery.


 I found parents and children who's strength gave me encouragement to keep going.


 I was able to read their accounts during the wee morning hours when sleep had eluded me.


 With ample support from our family and friends we made it through our
son's very challenging PICU stay and now he is home and recovering.

 
I hope to create a place where families can locate many stories of other families' experience's
with infant botulism as well as helpful tips and useful information,
anything that will aid them through their journey.

 

Thank you,
~IB Mom





No comments:

Post a Comment